What I'm Reading Wednesday

Changing things up a little this Wednesday and sharing my summer reading. In the past few months I've had no time to read so once again I am taking this time of not working to do all the things I've wanted to get done. I've collected book titles over the past few months and finally got some for my kindle and checked some out from the library to read. Here are 4 that I have already read:


Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler: I really enjoyed this book. Since high school I've always had a fascination with the Fitzgeralds and with Zelda being from Alabama, I love reading books about them. What makes this book unique is that its a novel so its fiction but based on their lives. The author used the old letters between Scott and Zelda and biographies to put together this really great story. 

Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger: I read The Devil Wears Prada in high school and of course loved the movie so I had to read to see what Andy Sachs was up to. I liked knowing kind of what happens in her life after Runway but the story kind of jumped from place to place and to me, didn't flow seamlessly like the first book.

Crushed, Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard: So these books are my guilty pleasure. They are probably written on a 5th grade reading level but I love reading what crazy crap Sara Shepard comes up with and the situations she puts the liars in. The books are very different from the tv show but still insane. I feel pretty silly reading these books but I just can't stop. 

The Honest Life by Jessica Alba: Everyone knows Jessica Alba is one of my style inspirations and I love the living environmentally conscious lifestyle that she lives. I thought this book may just be geared to mothers but its so not. From home decor to cooking, this book covers everything you need to know about living "The Honest Life" 

These are next on my list. 

The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan: I have to admit this book came up on my suggestions for you on Amazon and I just really liked the way to cover looked but the summary sounds good so hopefully it won't disappoint! 

The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales: The Bling Ring story totally fascinates me. How a bunch of teenagers can break into celebrities homes blows me away. I've heard mixed things about the movie and its not playing anywhere near me so I think I will settle for reading the book. 

Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella: I've loved Sophie Kinsella since Confessions of a Shopaholic and while the stories are mostly romantic fluff but I love it so I can't wait to read this one.

Don't Worry It Gets Worse by Alida Nugent: This is another one that came up on my Amazon suggestions, its a twentysomething memoir about a girl living in a postgrad world. Since this is my life, I feel like I can relate.

What's on your summer reading list? I am always up for suggestions!