A Mexican Inspired Salad

In the summer, I love making salads. They are just the perfect thing to eat when its so hot and its just a light but filling meal. Last summer before I started working, me and my sisters had "Taco Tuesday" we really didn't ever fix tacos, we typically had quesadillas but the name stuck. Now that I'm not working again we've kind of picked it back up so I combined "Taco Tuesday" with my love for salads and made a mexican style chopped salad with chicken. I looked at a few different recipes on pinterest and kind of developed my own recipe. There are so many different recipes out there and the sky is the limit!


Ingredients: 
2 chicken breasts
Taco Seasoning

Tortillas
Pepper Jack Cheese

Romaine Lettuce
1 Avocado chopped
2/3 cup black beans
1/2 cup cheese (I used a mix of pepper jack and cheddar)

Dressing:
1/2 cup mayonaise
2/3 cup greek yogurt
1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
1 tablespoon taco seasoning

Directions: 
Season chicken with taco seasoning and heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Sear both sides and cook until cooked all the way through. Let cool and chop into chunks.

While the chicken is cooling, make some quesadillas on the same skillet on medium-high heat with the tortillas and pepper jack cheese. Slice into strips to serve with the salad.

For the dressing, mix all of the ingredients in a container and keep in the fridge until ready to assemble salads.

To assemble the salads, combine the black beans, cheese, avocado and lettuce. Then top with the chicken and dress. I didn't think about this until after I ate the salad but some crushed tortilla chips would give the salad a nice crunch and a little more of a salty flavor.

I definitely plan on making this salad again and other variations of it because it combines two of my favorites: mexican and salad!