growing up my room

I am still living at home with my parents during this transition time of post-grad and I really don't mind it especially when I hear my friends complain about paying rent. Sometimes I do wish I had a kitchen or a living room to decorate but since it looks like I will be here at least a few more months I do want to give my room a little revamp. I want it to be a little bit more "grown" up but still have a fun side too!

(via)

(via)

I posted a picture of my upholstered headboard that I made while on my blogging hiatus and I am in love with it (I'm working on a post on how I did it!). In my head I picture a basic white down comforter  with a fun patterned quilt or blanket at the bottom of the bed similar to these two rooms. I have this fun polka dot duvet from IKEA that I plan on using. 

(via)

(via)

(via)

Another thing I want to add is fun patterned pillows. Something just to add a little spice! Also it would motivate me to make my bed every morning which I sometimes don't feel like doing, I feel like if I had fun pillows to put on the bed in the morning, I would make the bed! 


(via)

(via)

One last thing I want to do is a little bedside table and bookshelf styling. Over the past few months I have acquired a random collection of books from work (not just cookbooks) so I would like to make them look a little nicer. I bought a brass rhino at Target a few weeks back and I can't wait to stick him in the perfect spot, right on top on a stack of books! 


My plan is to put together this little revamp this weekend and share next week so stay tuned!